Monday, March 2, 2009

Homemade Doughnuts.....Yum!!!


O.K. it started like this- we dropped by a friend's house to deliver some honey and her kids were so excited to tell us about making homemade doughnuts. What a fun idea!! Their mom emailed me the recipe they used.

We tried it and they were delicious, but ....since I'm forever looking for short cuts -it got me to thinking. Would our bread dough work as doughnuts? Let's give it a whirl.

We took our regular bread dough, cut them like doughnuts, let them rise for 15-20 minutes, fried them in coconut oil, and tossed them in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boy, am I sorry I tried this!! They were really good. These will definitely be made again:).



4 comments:

Stephen said...

Yes they are very good!!!

Now, will you save some for me to eat when I get home? Please?

Just A Family said...

Wow!! The White house Loves these..
Taylor tried them today and they are so easy..

:o) Rachel said...

My 8yo daughter made these yesterday with biscuit dough (and Mama's help) and put confectioner's sugar on them. Mmmmmmm. Daddy said he needs her to make more today! :o)

Jane said...

Great idea Rachel- even faster to use biscuit dough. Was your's the refrigerated type or homemade? We usually make ours but it wouldn't it be a quick fun treat if you had a couple of cans of biscuit in the frig? Mother of the year? You'd win it!!