Friday, March 27, 2009

Homemade Laundry Soap

....it's a long story, but I ran out of laundry detergent after just being at Walmart- so frustrating especially because shopping is not just a hop, skip and a jump away.

Because we had made our laundry detergent several years ago I had all the ingredients on hand so it was basically easier for me to make it than go buy it.

In searching for recipes I ran across an abundance of them. I chose recipe #3 and the above picture shows the fruit of my labor. I'm figuring this will last at least one month- maybe more because we have a front loading washing machine.

P. S it smells wonderful - I used lavender and tea tree essential oils.



4 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

oh my.. do let us know how it works for you. one of these days i'm going to gather my courage and try making my own too:)

Jen in Al said...

OH, this is great! Casey and I have been wanting to try this! thank you! blessings, jen in al

Unknown said...

Looks great! We made the dry detergent using Recipe #4 and I think we have enough to last a year!?! Btw, thanks for the tip on the pickle buckets. They were the perfect size and bright red - easy to spot in a crowded room.

Kim M. said...

I've been making mine for about 2 years now. I haven't been adding essential oils though and would love to try that. A Quick question for ya.... does your laundry smell like the oils after it is dried?