Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Easy Breezy Squash Casserole

Yes, here it is the first squash casserole of the season- and I have a feeling not the last!

Easy Squash Casserole

6-8 good size yellow squash
1 large videlia onion
butter
bread crumbs
salt
pepper
sage
cheddar cheese

Slice squash and thickly dice onion. Boil until tender and drain. Pour squash and onion into a large casserole dish and dot generously with butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sage. Top with bread crumbs and cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly.

What are you doing with your squash? Send ideas soon I'm drowning in squash!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a few sliced squash, a few boiled potatoes (not too squishy), and a bit of cooked sausage. :) We stir them all up together in a skillet (the one you cook the sausage in so it's greased) until the squash is crisp (my husband) or more chewy (me!) with a bit of garlic salt.

My mother-in-law makes this with polish sausage and I make it with regular that crumbles and gets stuck all over everything. It's soooo good! :)

I'm going to have to try this casserole!

Ashley
www.homesteadblogger.com/Jonash2004

Jane said...

Thanks- sounds great. Sausage is a great idea.