Saturday, January 16, 2010

Barefoot Contessa At Home

Don't you just love this?

"Something smells really good!" my husband Jeffrey exclaims every Friday
night when he walks in the door. Most weeks, Jeffrey has been around the world
and back and when he walks in that door, I want him to feel that he's really
home. What he doesn't realize is that what feels very casual is, in fact, quite
deliberate the music is playing, all the lights are on, there are flowers
everywhere, and chicken and onions are roasting in the oven."

And more
..."All day long, I feel as though I'm batting back the baseballs that are
being hurled at me; decisions to make, places to go, cranky people to deal
with... and when I come home I want my house to feel serene and beautiful, like
the way you feel when you get into a bed piled high with down pillows: you're
safe."
from the Barefoot Contessa at Home

For those of you not familiar with her cookbooks- she has some terrific simple recipes.

1 comment:

Kim M. said...

oooh I love that! thanks for sharing! this is a big goal of mine to gradually work toward making this place more of a haven for my husband. Some days it is more of a struggle than others, but it is definitely something to work toward!